Experience the extraordinary flavor of boneless pasture-fed mutton leg—a culinary masterpiece that celebrates ethical sourcing and remarkable taste. Our boneless mutton leg, sourced from mature sheep raised on open pastures, embodies our unwavering commitment to sustainable farming practices. Immerse yourself in the world of boneless mutton leg and discover a unique, nutrient-rich cut that seamlessly combines exceptional flavor with environmental responsibility.
Recipe: Mediterranean Herb-Crusted Boneless Pasture-Fed Mutton Leg
For the Mutton Leg:
- 3 pounds boneless mutton leg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Herb Crust:
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For Preparing the Mutton Leg:
- In a bowl, combine minced garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, fresh thyme leaves, lemon zest, olive oil, salt, and black pepper to create the marinade.
- Rub the boneless mutton leg with the marinade mixture, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
For the Herb Crust:
- In a separate bowl, combine fresh breadcrumbs, chopped fresh parsley, mint, rosemary, and olive oil. Mix well to create the herb crust.
Roasting the Mutton Leg:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the marinated boneless pasture-fed mutton leg in a roasting pan.
- Generously coat the mutton leg with the prepared herb crust, pressing it onto the meat to create an even layer.
- Roast the mutton leg in the preheated oven for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness (135°F/57°C for medium-rare).
- Remove the boneless pasture-fed mutton leg from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the roasted mutton leg into individual portions and serve with your choice of sides, such as roasted vegetables or a fresh salad.