Embark on a culinary adventure that combines exceptional taste and ethical choices with our free-range chicken legs. Sourced from chickens raised with the freedom to roam, our commitment to responsible farming practices ensures not only a delectable culinary experience but also an eco-conscious approach to food production.
Dive into the world of free-range chicken legs and discover the exquisite flavors that come from a healthier and happier bird.
Recipe: Lemon Herb Roasted Free-Range Chicken Legs
- 4 free-range chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges and fresh herbs (rosemary and thyme) for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper to create a flavorful marinade.
- Place the free-range chicken legs in a zip-top bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken legs, ensuring they are coated evenly. Seal the bag or cover the dish, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate. For optimal flavor, marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add a splash of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the chicken legs from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off, and place them in the skillet, skin-side down. Sear for about 3-4 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Flip the chicken legs over in the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the chicken legs for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the juices run clear.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs, and let the chicken legs rest for a few minutes before serving.