Indulge in the epitome of exquisite flavor and responsible dining with our Pasture Fed Ox Tail. Sourced from cattle that graze freely on open pastures, our commitment to sustainable farming practices ensures not only a culinary masterpiece but also a conscientious approach to food production. Explore the world of pasture-fed oxtail and discover a versatile, succulent treasure that’s both delectable and environmentally responsible.
Recipe: Slow-Cooked Pasture-Fed Oxtail Stew
- 2 pounds pasture-fed oxtail
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups root vegetables (potatoes, parsnips, or turnips), diced
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the pasture-fed oxtail with salt and black pepper. Sear them in the hot oil until they develop a deep brown crust on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the finely chopped onion, diced carrots, and diced celery. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Return the seared oxtail to the pot. Pour in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, bay leaves, and dried thyme.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer gently for about 2.5 to 3 hours, or until the oxtail becomes tender and easily pulls apart.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add the diced root vegetables to the stew and continue to simmer until they are fork-tender.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Serve the slow-cooked pasture-fed oxtail stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Savor the extraordinary flavors of slow-cooked Pasture Fed Ox Tail stew with this tantalizing recipe. Each bite is a celebration of pure, untainted taste, coupled with the assurance that you’ve made a responsible choice for your health and the environment. Elevate your meals with this hearty, soul-warming dish that embodies the essence of ethical and delectable dining.